Cynthia has over 25 years of experience as a Physical Therapist, specializing in Orthopedics, Spinal and Myofacial Dysfunction, and Neurology. She has worked in Connecticut throughout her career, including Stamford Easter Seals, Danbury Hospital, Wilton Physical Therapy, Danbury VNA, and Regional Hospice.
Qualifications and Experience
- Staff physical therapist, Homecare, Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT
- Staff physical therapist, Wilton Physical Therapy, Wilton, CT
- Staff physical therapist/level 3 orthopedic specialist, Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT
- Staff physical therapist, Easter Seal Rehabilitation Center, Stamford, CT
- Numerous continuing education courses in Orthopedic, Geriatric, and Neurology topics
- Focus on integrating Music in the treatment of people with Parkinson’s disease
- Completion of 30-hour workshop at the International Training Institute in Neurological Music Therapy at Colorado State University
- Speaker at the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Connecticut Chapter, 2011, “Music in Movement of Parkinson’s Disease”
- Speaker at local Young Onset Parkinson’s Support Group and Southbury Parkinson’s Support Group
- Bachelor of science in allied health with a concentration in physical therapy, University of CT
- Training in functional mobilization, spinal and extremity mobilization, myofascial release, soft tissue mobilization, muscle energy technique, aquatic therapy, and geriatric rehabilitation
Cynthia’s personal interests include spending time with her children, playing the violin in the Danbury Symphony Orchestra, ballroom dancing with her husband, and gardening.