Those who are newly diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, as well as their family members and caregivers, may have multiple questions about the causes of dementia, risk factors, symptoms, what to expect with disease progression, treatment options, and the latest research.
Following are links to several resources provided by Alzheimer’s disease organizations, associations that focus on different types of dementias, and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) to help patients and loved ones learn more about the many aspects of living with dementia:
- Introduction to Alzheimer’s
- About Different Forms of Dementia, including Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Lewy body dementia
- Overview of Alzheimer’s disease
- What is dementia?
- Different types of dementia
- What is Alzheimer’s disease?
- Younger/early onset Alzheimer’s disease
- Signs of Dementia
- Stages of Alzheimer’s
- Inside the Brain: an Interactive Tour
- Risk Factors
- Medical Tests
- Alzheimer’s Disease Basics