Several organizations and foundations provide educational videos, podcasts, online seminars, newsletters, and more to provide patients, family members, and caregivers with the latest scientific research, treatments, suggestions from PD specialists and PD patients, and community resources. Following are links to such informational resources:
- “Diagnosis Parkinson’s Disease: You are Not Alone,“ Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, designed for newly diagnosed patients
- “Parkinson’s Disease Resource List,” Parkinson’s Disease Foundation: a comprehensive guide that includes hundreds of community resources throughout the US and internationally. Patients and family members may request a print guide or may choose to visit the Foundation’s online searchable database for such resources.
- “Activities of Daily Living: Practical Pointers for Parkinson’s disease,” National Parkinson Foundation
- “Caring and Coping,” National Parkinson Foundation
Videos, DVDs, and Webcasts
- “Diagnosis Parkinson’s Disease: You are Not Alone”, Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, designed for newly diagnosed patients
- Parkinson’s videos from the Michael J. Fox Foundation
- The National Parkinson Foundation Video Library provides access to leaders from the NPF’s Centers of Excellence, answering common questions on a wide range of PD topics. The NPF Webcast Library features presentations from experts on a variety of issues, ranging from social security disability to recent studies on early detection of PD.
PD Expert Briefings are one-hour online seminars that offer practical tips and tools. Upcoming seminars can be joined live, or recordings of each seminar can be viewed on the Parkinson’s Disease Foundations’ website afterwards.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research Podcasts: a continuing series of reports on current developments in PD science that features interviews with leading researchers. Past topics have included “New Approaches to Treating Dyskinesias”
Newletters and e-Newsletters
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation Newsletters and e-Newsletters and Archives
- Fox Focus on Parkinson’s Newsletter