COMPREHENSIVE CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT
To help fulfill the special needs of patients with concussions, Associated Neurologists has established the Western Connecticut Concussion Center. We provide a multidisciplinary, integrated approach to high-quality clinical care, including screening, diagnostic, referral, and rehabilitative services as well as community outreach to student athletes and sports participants of all ages, parents, coaches and trainers, teachers, and physicians.
Established by Dr. Neil Culligan, the Western Connecticut Concussion Center’s services include:
- Rapid, detailed screening and assessment evaluation (within 24 to 48 hours of injury)
- Baseline and post-injury ImPACT testing (Immediate Post-concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing)
- Physical therapy, including vestibular rehabilitation
- Referrals for appropriate additional testing, such as imaging, EEG, and behavioral medicine
- Management of an athlete’s Return to Play
- Review of possible long-term effects of concussion and education for concussion prevention
- Evaluation, counseling, and biofeedback for patients adjusting to the physical and emotional consequences of concussion
- Community outreach
We have also established a Concussion Web Center to serve as an ongoing source of information, resources, and support for concussion patients, family members, caregivers, athletic trainers, and others concerned about concussion. We encourage you to return to our the web center often for additional educational information, resources, and helpful links.